Tuesday, July 8, 2008











Today we had a felted purse class. What a great time we had! Wendy created a beautiful lime green and pink handbag. This was her first attempt at needle felting and she really enjoyed it!

Joan and Sharla also took the class and created beautiful bags! Joan and Sharla are vacationing in the Les Cheneaux Islands and stumbled upon Woolderness and had a great time. They are from Duluth, Minnesota. Welcome to our area - we are glad you are here!

If all goes well, I will be putting pictures of these ladies on this blog. But be patient with me because I do not know what I am doing!

Diane is busy blending alpaca and romney to create that perfect roving for her to spin. Good luck, Diane.

At Woolderness you can "buy" hours and use our equipment to complete your project -- a spinning wheel, the drum carder and any of the looms. Buy hours? What that means is that for $2/hr. you are considered a "member" of the studio and you can use all our equipment. What a great way to "try before you buy" or to just attempt that project you have been wanting to do...with very little financial investment.

Annie was in the studio today helping me out with drum carding the roving that had been dyed.
Thanks, Annie, for all your help. I couldn't do it without you!

Come back often. More pictures will be posted soon.
I am having a little trouble downloading all the pictures I took today. I will try again tomorrow and hopefully I will be able to show you the finished bags!


Roxanne

No comments: